The Premier Cedar Shake and Shingle Roofing Services in Biloxi
After asphalt shingle roofing, cedar roofing is the most common type of residential roofing material. Why? It adds a quaint, rustic look to your home while still providing superior protection and durability.
Renova Roofing & Construction is the Biloxi cedar roofing contractor committed to providing only the best when it comes to your home. We will guide you through the process and help you choose the color and style that complements your current decor. You are going to love your new, natural cedar roof!
Call Biloxi’s roofing specialist today to schedule a free consultation.
Types of Cedar Roofs Roofs We Install
Cedar Shake Roofing
Cedar shake roofing is cut by hand, rather than by a machine. Because each piece is made individually, there is more variance and the pieces are not uniform. This can greatly add to the aesthetic of your home and give it a more rustic look. However, you need to make sure an experienced roofer handles the installation. If not done properly, the different-sized pieces can leave your roof susceptible to gaps and leaks. At Biloxi, we have installed many cedar shake roofs and will make sure your roof is water-tight.
Cedar Shingle Roofing
Cedar cut shingles are factory-made, ensuring that each panel is the same size and width. This makes cedar shingles less expensive than cedar shakes. Like cedar shake, cedar shingles are lightweight, easy to maintain and energy-efficient.
Need help deciding whether you should use cedar shake or cedar shingles? Call our experienced team today.
The Pros and Cons of Cedar Roofing
When making your selection about the type of cedar roofing to fit your needs, there will be pros and cons. We have broken down the list for you:
Pros of Cedar Roofing
- Eco-Friendly: Cedar roofing material is not only 100% biodegradable and friendly to Mother Earth, but it is also incredibly energy-efficient. It insulates your home while still allowing it to breathe, which saves on heating and cooling costs.
- Durable: Cedar roofing lasts up to 25 years, which is longer than a standard asphalt shingle roof.
- Beauty: Cedar roofs are like no other. They add charm to your home that is otherwise impossible to achieve.
Cons of Cedar Roofing
- Drying Issues: Since cedar roofing materials are made from trees, they are more prone to drying out. That means your home is more susceptible to fire damage, cracking and pest issues.
- Expensive: Cedar roofing is not the most expensive roofing option, but it’s certainly not the cheapest. Especially if you opt for cedar shake, you will be paying a higher price.
- Maintenance: Beauty is pain…right? Just like other beautiful aspects of your home, you will need to spend more time maintaining your cedar roof to keep it in tip-top condition.
Cedar Roof FAQs
What’s the cost of a new cedar roof in Biloxi?
The price is going to depend on whether you choose cedar shake or cedar shingles. On the low end, you can expect to pay about $4.50 per square foot. However, most cedar roofs are going to cost more than that.
What is it made from?
Cedar roofing materials are made from – you guessed it, cedar! They really do come from trees. Cedar itself is a very durable tree and makes a great roofing material.
How many years will a cedar roof last?
With proper maintenance, your cedar roof will last up to 25 years.
What is the most durable cedar material?
Western red cedar is the most resistant to rot and decay. It has one of the longest lifespans of all North American softwood cedar trees. It’s also the most abundant type.