Professional Slate Roofing Services in Mobile, AL
Renova Roofing & Construction is the Mobile roofing contractor for your slate roofing project. We have installed hundreds of slate roofs in the area, so you can rest assured that our knowledgeable team will perform the best quality work. We guarantee you will love your new slate roof.
Call us today at (251) 929-4538 to schedule a free consultation. Learn more about our slate roof services and your installation options.
The Pros and Cons of Slate Roofing
The Cons of Slate Roofs
Pros of Slate Roofing
- Looks Great: Slate is a gorgeous roofing material that has been used for centuries. Homeowners love the classic, clean lines that slate roofs add to their homes. You might think your only color choice is grey, but there are many colors, thicknesses and widths to choose from.
- Durability: Slate roofs are made from natural, long-lasting stone. Because this material occurs naturally, it’s tried and true. Your slate roof will last 40+ years, with some of the best-rated slate lasting over 75 years. Slate roofs are one of the long-lasting roof materials behind tile roofing that can last up to 100 years.
- Low Maintenance: Unlike traditional shingles, slate roofs are not susceptible to the same damaging effects of extreme weather. Because of their durability and longevity, once your roof is installed, you won’t have to spend much time thinking about it.
Cons of Slate Roofing
- Cost: Slate roofs do cost more than some other roofing options. This is because of the materials and installation. However, extra money up front could save you thousands down the line.
- Weight: This type of roof is heavy – slate roofs can weigh four times more than a traditional asphalt shingle roof. The thicker the slate, the heavier your roof will be.